Like my Category entitled “On The Beach,” where I kept you all up-to-date on my discoveries while meandering along the sandy Floridian shoreline, I will be starting a new one to include all the things I will miss about Kingston, Ontario.
I’ll start right now:
- that little smiley face in the concrete sidewalk near the corner of King St. E. and West St.
- the Wellington Street Theatre light that almost religiously turns off as I’m walking past
- the guy who puts sunglasses on his black lab while he plays guitar on Princess St.
- Figaro — the black and white cat I’ve known since he was a kitten, who lives on my street
- Tiger — the tiger-striped brown/black/gray cat who sometimes visited Uly (my kitty) at the window, even though they didn’t seem to get along well
- my spot by the water
- my bay further west
- the long bus-ride to Riley’s Garden Centre
- Loblaw’s (they don’t have one in Barrie — I checked)
- the way the sun/moon shines on the waves in the water at the end of my street as I’m getting home
- my stargazing nights by the water
- Pervert/City Park (which I can attest is completely safe, by the way, even at 4 a.m.)
- playing FRISBEE in said park (ha!)
- playing chess on my laptop sitting by the water fountain in the park
- taking Uly for walks in the park
- my little cave apartment with odd green trim and a homey feel
- visiting my friends
- the fry truck with the funny Polish guys
- the guy with all the piercings, tattoos, and hats, who plays the guitar anywhere and everywhere on Princess St.
- Coffee & Co.
- Second Cup
- Frankie Pesto’s
- The Greek Islands Restaurant
- late-night grocery shopping at A&P
- my not-hugely-close laundromat at Bagot & Earl
- the Kingston Tennis Club
- Queen’s campus
That’ll do for now…..