Today I’ve been translating some coding, which in itself is nothing exciting. However, sometimes you get a gem that just makes you crack up (both laugh/lose your sanity). Here’s that process:
- Translate: “il n’y a pas assez de produit qui ont de gnos format” to English
- “There are not enough products that have large sizes”
- Have devil on shoulder call out, “What if they meant to type “gnos” and you’re just assuming they meant “gros”?”
- Curse devil silently, open www.wordreference.com
- Start typing in “gnos”, go with suggestion of “gnose”
- See that it suggests “gnosis” in English
- What the heck is “gnosis” in English? Go to definition.
- Realize that would mean they didn’t have enough products that had “knowledge of spiritual mysteries”.
- Giggle to self; trust translation instincts just a little bit more.